Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Teacher teacher

Pain instructs...

I'm reading a book called 'God is dead' by Ron Currie. And today as I read it in the tube crammed between people, holding the book in one hand and the overhead support in one, I came across this phrase 'Pain instructs'. And like the very many little phrases that make you stop and think, this one did too. And it dawned how true! Pain instructs! The lessons we learn through pain are the lessons best learnt. We go out of the way to not repeat the mistake, we always always remember...

But even as efficiently as it works, its sure not the favourite way of learning. But yes, pain instructs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

trying to the best of my efforts and I'd wish that it actually "instructs". For now, the pain just hurts.. :(