Friday, September 05, 2008

home...

Its strange when you live in one country, belong to another and have placement of family in a way to make things even more different.
Its strange when you have to decide what is 'home'.
Somehow the 'home is where the heart is' also does not hold good.
I've not yet changed the clock on my laptop to show me what time it is back home. I read the Indian newspaper to know how it is there. My eyes and ears always are alert to pick up something that reminds me of home.Oh that warmth, that voice , those eyes.
Everyday after work I'm super glad to get back home... I'm always looking for ways to make it complete...that little bin, that little lampshade... I'm always looking forward to get back home and chat up with flatmate, cook and eat with her. To get back home and read and sleep. ah what comfort at home...
Everyday I long to be with parents, want to go home and eat food mom cooked... help at home with the chores... hear the family fight over little things at home....
Its strange that they all make me feel at home! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hear ya ... make a warm choc drink and it will be fine. Its raining here in Mum and its Ganapathi time ...

anu said...

awe...
the ganapati in bombay! they festival has an awesome feel there. :)

The Neverknown said...

hey.. i do that laptop-time-no-change thing too.