Wednesday, August 27, 2008

addictions...

So a colleague was leaving to go back to India, and we thought we'd go sit at a coffee shop and sip on some coffee that evening just as a last evening out types. Since she and I were quite full we ordered simple ice tea, and the other two gentlemen decided to try the fancy stuff. One if them ordered a Hot Chocolate. yeah the name of the drink by itself always made me drool, and the site of this one was AWESOME. It was one big cup with this super rich chocolate drink and to just to make it even more wow, they loaded the top with whipped cream(well... need i say more). Especially in the English weather, it does not take too much to convince yourself that you need it. Anyways, cursing myself for all the crap I had stuffed into myself earlier in the evening, I told the guy who had taken it, that it sure look like a really GOOD drink!
He lightly nodded and then turned to look at his lighter and said its better with a cigarette...
and I wondered....
How and addiction can so reduce the value of an individually perfectly delightful thing!
Sigh!

1 comment:

Pradeep said...

"How and addiction can so reduce the value of an individually perfectly delightful thing!" --- Cigeratte along with the amazing hot choclate makes it delightful!!!